Friday, April 17, 2009

Old Dan and Myrtle Anne

When my hubby first brought up the idea to have another basset in the house my first thought was "NO". The reasons behind this was quite clear to me....

Myrtle Ann had peed on my side of the bed, with me in it! Chewed through my favorite pair of tennies, eaten my flowers out of my new planter, constantly enjoys shredding up the toilet paper rolls, chewed through my once favorite cell phone, ate an MP3 player and many more items that are way too numerous to name. I'm sure you get the idea. I mean I love my Miss Myrtle Anne, she has brought me several hours/days of joy and happiness. Quite honestly I couldn't imagine our family without her. However the thought of bringing in another one was disturbing to me to say the least.

Well my kids and hubby wore me down, and convinced me that having another one around the house would help to keep Miss Myrtle occupied and give her someone to play with. Hmmm, I think I got horn swoggled into this one!

Old Dan came home on April 4, we drove all the way up to the twin cities in Mn. on a stormy Saturday morning. We actually drove through a blizzard to get him home! Yea stupid but hey I wasn't driving. Anyways from the minute we picked him up at the airport and I saw his eyes and face I knew it...my heart melted and I was in love with the little guy.

Once home I quickly nicknamed him "Odie" and it has stuck!! He is so playful and old all at the same time. I know a weird combination but it is so true. He will run around and play for about 30 min. then sleeps the rest of the day away!

Although Myrtle Ann has definitely been teaching Odie some of her bad tricks, he is still a keeper!

By the way for all who know about Miss Myrtle's antics, Odie now holds the record for most valuable item chewed!! yep he got a hold of Ry's iPod~guess my teen will learn to pick his stuff up now!! ~giggle giggle~

No comments:

Post a Comment