Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In the Spirit of Giving

  This past Monday I was thinking about how I could make somebodies Christmas better. You know do something from my heart, something that would bring a smile to somebody, anybody.
  Well the whole day I was working with my group of kids, still this thought  plagued  my mind. The kids were into doing their craft projects and making cards to send out to the men and  women serving our country. This is something we do every year as a way of saying "Thank you". Then it hit me!! Why not send out a care package to one of our  'family members'. See I always think of the kids in my care as part of my family, therefor making their parents part of my extended family. I know that I always have a hard time during the holidays being so far away from my parents and knowing first hand how hard it was on me growing up to have my father over seas for months and months at a time; even during the holidays and birthdays.
  So this is what I did:

     Dear Parents,


   One of our friends here in the daycare has a Daddy that is serving our country. He has sacrificed for his family and ours. He won’t be home for Christmas. He won’t have the pleasure of waking up to see his son’s smiling face on Christmas morning.
  I am hoping that we can make his time in Iraq a little less unhappy during this time. I would like to be able to send him a care package from all of us here at the daycare. This is a way we can also teach our children about the spirit of Christmas and  the gift of giving.
  If everyone would please donate or give a few items to go in the Christmas Box to Iraq I will pay for the postage. The more items we can put in the box the better. My hope is that we can surprise this Dad and show him just how much we care and appreciate his sacrifices.
***Attached you will see a listing of items that all of our soldiers need and would like to have. Anything is better than nothing.
  Thank you,


  Wendy Ray-Jorgensen
  Lil’ Tikes Family Daycare

So as this Christmas Season approaches may you find yourself blessed and loved enough to give from the heart instead of from the pocketbook.
    




                

No comments:

Post a Comment