Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankfulness

  Thankfulness....Have you ever thought about what it is you are really thankful for? Recently I did, and I found out that I am most thankful  for being me! Odd as it might sound. Specially when most people will offer up that they are thankful for their health, their family, their home, even their dog.
 I was asked just last night by my spouse if I am happy, if  I am thankful for what he has been able to provide me. I  didn't answer right away, I had to think about. See I could do without the house, the cars, the toys, the furnishings, the nick knacks, etc. I had to sit back and explain it in simple terms. I am thankful for what love and friendship we once shared. I am thankful for what has come out of that union. But to be honest with him and myself I am most thankful for being able to stand up for myself and express my feelings, wants and desires. Now what he chooses to do with it is his business. 
 
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment